Understanding Phobias and Anxiety Disorders | Understanding Fears and Phobias | How Hypnosis for Fear and Anxiety Can Help | Hypnotherapy for Phobias Is a Safe, Proven Treatment | Hypnosis for Fear and Anxiety | Self-Hypnosis Is a Proven Treatment for Anxiety | Discover the Power of Self-Hypnosis Downloads
In the 1990 movie Arachnophobia, Jeff Daniels played a man with arachnophobia—the crippling fear of spiders—whose home is invaded by deadly spiders. In real life, people who suffer from phobias know they’re no laughing matter.
Fortunately, phobias and other anxiety disorders are among the most treatable mental health issues, and hypnosis for phobias is safe, proven and effective. Self-hypnosis downloads can train you to use hypnotherapy for phobias in the comfort of your own home.
Understanding Phobias and Anxiety Disorders
A phobia is an irrational fear of something that doesn’t pose an immediate threat. A phobia can severely limit your career, relationships and enjoyment of life.
There are many specific phobias. Some people have an intense fear of certain insects or animals. People who suffer from nyctophobia are afraid of the dark. People with agoraphobia are afraid to leave their own homes.
When you have phobias, you experience distinct symptoms:
- Rapid heart rate.
- Shortness of breath.
- Elevated pulse.
- Strong urge to escape.
Understanding Fears and Phobias
It’s not clear what causes phobias, but they are a type of anxiety disorder.
- Phobias are one of the most common mental disorders. Approximately 10% of people in the US have specific phobias.
- Worldwide, about 284 million people suffer from anxiety disorders, including phobias.
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of people who have them get treatment.
How Hypnosis for Fear and Anxiety Can Help
Hypnosis is ideal for treating phobias because it begins by inducing a state of deep relaxation. When you feel calm and relaxed, it’s easier to think rationally about the object of your fear. Hypnosis makes you more suggestible, which means you’re more willing to think differently about the thing or situation that causes your fear.
Hypnotherapy for phobias works in three ways. First, it teaches you to replace the fear response with a more productive, positive response. Second, it allows you to safely and gradually expose yourself to the object or situation you fear. Third, it eases the anxiety caused by your phobia.
Best of all, it works quickly. In most cases, hypnosis for phobias can alleviate a phobia in fewer than six sessions.
Hypnotherapy for Phobias Is a Safe, Proven Treatment
There is ample clinical evidence that backs the use of hypnosis for phobias. In one study, a woman who had a debilitating fear of driving received hypnotherapy to treat it. After four sessions, she was able to take a long-distance road trip despite feeling some residual anxiety. A year later, she was still driving without fear.
In another study, a woman who was terrified of flying underwent hypnotherapy for it. After three sessions, she was able to successfully take a flight. At a six-month follow up, she reported that she was planning another flight on her next vacation.
There’s no need to live a life bounded by fear. If your phobias are keeping you from moving ahead in any aspect of your life, hypnosis for fears and phobias can free you from those fears.
Hypnosis for Fear and Anxiety
Maybe you don’t feel your fear of something is severe enough to be a phobia. Many people feel anxious about certain situations. If those fears keep you from living life to the fullest, it’s time to face them down. If you frequently experience anxiety, hypnosis can help you face the world without fear.
Self-Hypnosis Is a Proven Treatment for Anxiety
There’s more good news. An extensive 2005 research project found that self-hypnosis is a fast, affordable, nonaddictive and safe alternative to medication as a treatment for anxiety.
Many people prefer not to take anxiety medication, which can have unwanted side effects like insomnia, restlessness and mental confusion. Hypnosis for fear and anxiety is an excellent alternative, and you can get the same results with self-hypnosis.
Discover the Power of Self-Hypnosis Downloads
If you’re tired of limiting your life because of phobias, fear or anxiety, hypnosis for fears and phobias is your ticket to freedom. Self-hypnosis downloads can help you overcome those fears and live a better life.
UpNow Health only uses high-quality sources, including peer-reviewed articles, to support the facts within our articles. All our articles are reviewed by experts to ensure that our content is accurate, helpful, and trustworthy.
1. Facts & Statistics. Anxiety & Depression Association of America. https://adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/facts-statistics
2. Saloni Dattani, Hannah Ritchie and Max Roser. Mental Health. Published online at OurWorldInData.org. https://ourworldindata.org/mental-health
3. Hammond, D.. (2010). Hypnosis in the treatment of anxiety- and stress-related disorders. Expert review of neurotherapeutics. 10. 263-73. 10.1586/ern.09.140. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/41411005_Hypnosis_in_the_treatment_of_anxiety-_and_stress-related_disorders
4. Paul L. Deyoub M.S. & Seymour J. Epstein Ph.D. (1977) Short-term Hypnotherapy for the Treatment of Flight Phobia: A Case Report, American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 19:4, 251-254, DOI: 10.1080/00029157.1977.10403885
5. Hill, R. and Bannon-Ryder, G. (2005), The use of hypnosis in the treatment of driving phobia. Contemp. Hypnosis, 22: 99-103. https://doi.org/10.1002/ch.29